Research and Development
The overall responsibility of the Research and Knowledge Management Office is to carry out research activities that have institutional and national significance, to encourage faculty members’ engagement in research activities by providing them with tailor-made training on scientific research techniques and providing them with the necessary financial support, to coordinate and to organize seminars and national events, to collect and to make available various research publications on Private Higher Education Institutions (PHEIs) which were carried out by the academia through its clearing house: “Center for Private Higher Education Research in Ethiopia (CPHERE)”. It also looks for funding schemes for research activities, and works on institutional knowledge management issues. The Office is working on various knowledge management systems to enhance its productivity and to improve the quality of education it offers.
- Staffing research and development with experienced and qualified staff and providing the section with the adequate resources required to undertake research
- Encouraging the academic staff to come out with research findings which solves the current and prevalent problems of the industry
- Inviting the external researchers allocating financial and non financial resources
- Organizing annual a research conference on which the papers and works of both the college academic staff and external researchers will be presented.
Quality Assurance Practices
In an effort to provide quality education, NAC will undertake numerous quality assurance activities to assess and assure quality education at the College through internal quality audit committee.
To guarantee the quality and standard of the program, the College:
- Provides on job training and upgrades academic qualification of the staff as necessary
- Gathers feedback from students, employers and graduates as deemed necessary
- Prepare and place rules governing delivery and various assessment methods of courses. These guidelines are available as a department course policy document and describe detail issues like course coordination, staff and student conduct and accountability, and grading scheme
- Performs regular evaluation of the program based on the current trends in the field of Hotel and Tourism Industry and the country’s skilled manpower need
- Periodically acquires appropriate textbooks/references, modules, laboratory equipment, etc
- Prepares course syllabus for all the courses offered in the department in an attempt to standardize the course content
- Carries out regular evaluation of the staff
- Producing graduates who are equipped with the industry knowledge, skill and attitude
- Enhancing the service of the college by giving training for the service personnel.
- Recruiting the Academic staff that are rich in industry experience and have got pedagogically skills.
- Exposing the trainees to practical skills in the college laboratories, workshops other than theory classes.
- Arranging Internship program, field visit for trainees which help them to internalize the industry skills.
- Establishing public relation department which deals with the stakeholder of the industry
- Developing learning materials (handout, module and others) up to the standards and as per the course requirements.
- Undertaking research on the current problems of the industry and publicizes the findings for the policy makers and industry practitioners.