By W. Richard Stevens
For greater than two decades, critical C programmers have trusted one e-book for useful, in-depth wisdom of the programming interfaces that force the UNIX and Linux kernels: W. Richard Stevens’ complicated Programming within the UNIX® atmosphere . Now, once more, Rich’s colleague Steve Rago has completely up-to-date this vintage paintings. the hot 3rd version helps today’s top systems, displays new technical advances and top practices, and aligns with model four of the only UNIX Specification.
Read or Download Advanced Programming in the UNIX(R) Environment PDF
Similar unix books
* thoroughly up to date with countless numbers of recent examples! * the single Linux reference with examples for each command * All-new chapters at the Apache internet server, tc shell, and Emacs editor * prepared by means of activity, so that you can locate it quick! the sensible, convenient table reference for each Linux user-now thoroughly up to date!
1. 1. Noch ein Buch über UNIX! Wo doch bereits so viele geschrieben worden sind - von der kurzen Einführung bis hin zum umfassenden Kompendium. Es gibt eine große Zahl spezieller UNIX-Themen, die eigene Bücher wert sind. Viele davon sind ebenfalls schon geschrieben. was once ist additionally das Besondere an dem vorliegenden Buch "UNIX .
As the UNIX procedure used to be initially designed by way of programmers to be used by means of different programmers, it was once utilized in an atmosphere of open cooperation the place safety was once of minimum problem. Now that its use has unfold to universities, companies, and executive, the personal and delicate nature of the knowledge kept on UNIX platforms has made the safety of those platforms of paramount significance.
This revised consultant to Unix networking APIs updates insurance of programming criteria and debugging recommendations, and covers working structures together with crimson Hat nine, Solaris nine, HP-UX, unfastened BSD four. 8/5. zero, AIX five. x and Mac OS X.
- Linux Network Administrator's Guide
- Running Mac OS X Tiger, Edition: 2nd
- Linux Bible (2010 Edition)
- Linux Format, Issue 153 (January 2012)
- Sams Teach Yourself Perl in 21 Days (Sams Teach Yourself...in 21 Days)
- Learning Unix for Mac OS X, 1st Edition
Extra resources for Advanced Programming in the UNIX(R) Environment
Developing a Certification Strategy You can take the exam, RH302, by itself, or you can take additional Red Hat courses as well. You can also study this book and other materials by yourself or as a member of a study group. Finally, you can do the practice exercises in this book to increase your experience and prepare for the performance-based components of the RHCE exam. com 14 Chapter 1 Red Hat Certification Key Terms Before continuing on to the next chapter, be sure you’re familiar with the following terms: certification Linux performance-based exam Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) Red Hat, Inc.
This includes removable media drives, such as the Iomega SCSI Zip and Jaz drives, and drives made by Syquest. Note that the Iomega parallel port Zip drive uses a SCSI interface and is fully supported by Red Hat Linux. Hard Disks The technique used to access a hard drive may impose restrictions on the amount of data that the drive can store. Likewise, the way in which a hard drive is divided into partitions has implications for the ways in which it can be used. This subsection explains these considerations.
Htm mini /usr/doc/HOWTO If the /usr/doc/HOWTO directory exists, the mkdir command will fail; don’t be concerned. If you mount the CD-ROM at a mount point other than /mnt/cdrom, you should revise the second command appropriately. You’ll find non-English HOWTOs in the HOWTOS/translations directory and HTML and PDF HOWTOs in the HOWTOS/other-formats directory. com 22 Chapter 2 Hardware Basics In subsequent chapters, it’s assumed that you’ve installed the HOWTOs, so references to particular HOWTOs assume that the files are in /usr/doc/HOWTO.