By Michael W. Lucas
The definitive advisor to OpenBSD
Foreword by way of Henning Brauer, OpenBSD PF Developer
OpenBSD, the based, hugely safe Unix-like working procedure, is familiar because the foundation for severe DNS servers, routers, firewalls, and extra. This long-awaited moment version of Absolute OpenBSD keeps writer Michael Lucas's trademark ordinary and useful technique that readers have loved for years. You'll examine the intricacies of the platform, the technical info in the back of yes layout judgements, and top practices, with bits of humor sprinkled all through. This variation has been thoroughly up to date for OpenBSD 5.3, together with new insurance of OpenBSD's boot process, security measures like W^X and ProPolice, and complex networking techniques.
You'll find out how to:
* deal with community site visitors with VLANs, trunks, IPv6, and the PF packet filter
* Make software program administration quickly and potent utilizing the ports and applications system
* provide clients simply the entry they wish with teams, sudo, and chroots
* Configure OpenBSD's safe implementations of SNMP, DHCP, NTP, sensors, and more
* customise the set up and improve strategies on your community and undefined, or construct a customized OpenBSD release
Whether you're a brand new person trying to find an entire creation to OpenBSD or an skilled sysadmin searching for a refresher, Absolute OpenBSD, 2d Edition provide you with every thing you want to grasp the intricacies of the world's safest working system.
"The definitive ebook on OpenBSD will get a long-overdue refresh."
-Theo de Raadt, OpenBSD Founder
Read or Download Absolute OpenBSD: UNIX for the Practical Paranoid (2nd Edition) PDF
Similar unix books
* thoroughly up to date with 1000s of latest examples! * the single Linux reference with examples for each command * All-new chapters at the Apache internet server, tc shell, and Emacs editor * prepared through job, so that you can locate it speedy! the sensible, convenient table reference for each Linux user-now thoroughly up-to-date!
1. 1. Noch ein Buch über UNIX! Wo doch bereits so viele geschrieben worden sind - von der kurzen Einführung bis hin zum umfassenden Kompendium. Es gibt eine große Zahl spezieller UNIX-Themen, die eigene Bücher wert sind. Viele davon sind ebenfalls schon geschrieben. used to be ist additionally das Besondere an dem vorliegenden Buch "UNIX .
As the UNIX process was once initially designed through programmers to be used through different programmers, it was once utilized in an atmosphere of open cooperation the place safeguard used to be of minimum challenge. Now that its use has unfold to universities, companies, and govt, the exclusive and delicate nature of the information kept on UNIX platforms has made the protection of those platforms of paramount value.
This revised consultant to Unix networking APIs updates insurance of programming criteria and debugging concepts, and covers working structures together with purple Hat nine, Solaris nine, HP-UX, loose BSD four. 8/5. zero, AIX five. x and Mac OS X.
- HP-UX Virtual Partitions
- Programming with GNU software, Edition: 1st ed
- From Bash to Z Shell: Conquering the Command Line
- Sun Certified Solaris(tm) 9 System and Network Administrator All-in-One Exam Guide
- Practical Apache, PHP-FPM & Nginx Reverse Proxy: How to Build a Secure, Fast and Powerful Webserver from scratch (Practical Guide Series Book 3)
Extra resources for Absolute OpenBSD: UNIX for the Practical Paranoid (2nd Edition)
The SGML sources are located in the /usr/share/man/sman* directories. Each directory corresponds to a section of the manual. Since . . The passwd topic shows the different man command-line arguments because passwd(1) is a command and passwd(4) is a system file. The following example lists all man pages named passwd: # man -l passwd passwd (1) -M /usr/share/man passwd (4) -M /usr/share/man # Note that both man pages are listed. In addition, an appropriate -M command-line argument is displayed to show the location of the man pages.
System . . Concepts . . . passwd [ -r files ] [ -d | -l ] [ -w warn ] [ -x max ] name passwd -r ldap passwd -r nis passwd -r nisplus [ -egh ] passwd -r nisplus -s passwd -r nisplus [ -D domainname ] passwd -r [ -x max ] [ -egh ] [ -f ] [ -egh ] [ -n min ] [ name ] [ name ] [ -D domainname ] [ name ] [ -a ] nisplus [ -l ] [ -f ] [ -D domainname ] name -s [ name ] [ -n min ] . . 4 :::::::::::::: File Formats [ -w warn ] passwd(4) NAME passwd - password file SYNOPSIS /etc/passwd DESCRIPTION /etc/passwd is a local source of information about users’ accounts.
I’ve included a Self-Assessment in this Exam Cram to help you evaluate your readiness to tackle Sun Certified System Administrator for Solaris 8 certification. ” Before you tackle this Self-Assessment, however, I’ll talk about the concerns you might face when pursuing a Solaris 8 System Administrator certification and what an ideal candidate might look like. Solaris 8 System Administrators in the Real World In the next section, I describe an ideal Solaris 8 System Administrator candidate, knowing full well that only a few actual candidates meet this ideal.