By Antonio Cañada, Salvador Villegas
This e-book highlights the present kingdom of Lyapunov-type inequalities via a close research. geared toward researchers and scholars operating in differential equations and people attracted to the purposes of balance idea and resonant platforms, the e-book starts off with an summary Lyapunov’s unique effects and strikes ahead to incorporate regularly occurring effects received long ago ten years. unique proofs and an emphasis on easy principles are supplied for various boundary stipulations for usual differential equations, together with Neumann, Dirichlet, periodic, and antiperiodic stipulations. Novel result of greater eigenvalues, structures of equations, partial differential equations in addition to variational methods are awarded. To this recognize, a brand new and unified variational perspective is brought for the therapy of such difficulties and a scientific dialogue of alternative different types of boundary stipulations is featured.
Various difficulties make the research of Lyapunov-type inequalities of curiosity to these in natural and utilized arithmetic. Originating with the learn of the soundness homes of the Hill equation, different questions arose for example in platforms at resonance, crystallography, isoperimetric difficulties, Rayleigh variety quotients and oscillation and durations of disconjugacy and it result in the learn of Lyapunov-type inequalities for differential equations. This classical region of
mathematics remains to be of serious curiosity and is still a resource of inspiration.
Read or Download A Variational Approach to Lyapunov Type Inequalities: From ODEs to PDEs PDF
Similar mathematics_1 books
- Dio è un matematico. La scoperta delle formule nascoste dell'universo
- Mathématiques pour la licence : Fonctions analytiques, cours et exercices avec solutions
- Error Estimates for Well-Balanced Schemes on Simple Balance Laws: One-Dimensional Position-Dependent Models (SpringerBriefs in Mathematics)
- Monge-Ampere equations of elliptic type
Additional resources for A Variational Approach to Lyapunov Type Inequalities: From ODEs to PDEs
2) are used to prove that they are the same. 45). 45) be the fixed points of a certain completely continuous operator, and then, to apply the Schauder fixed point theorem . 55) R ! x/j; 8 y 2 X x2Œ0;L x2Œ0;L we can define the operator T W X ! X/ is bounded. 45). X/ is not bounded, there would exist a sequence fyn g X such that kuyn kX ! 1: Moreover, from the hypotheses of the theorem, the sequence of functions fb. ; yn . 0; L/ and, passing to a subsequence if necessary, we may assume that fb.
108, 152–169 (1994) 18. : Neumann boundary value problems for second-order ordinary differential equations across resonance. SIAM J. Control Optim. 33, 1312–1325 (1995) 19. : On Lyapunov’s inequality for disfocality. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 83, 486–494 (1981) 20. : Linear eigenvalues and a nonlinear boundary value problem. Pac. J. Math. 33, 311–328 (1970) 21. : Second order Neumann boundary value problems across resonance. ESAIM Control Optim. Calc. Var. 12, 398–408 (2006) 22. : Problème général de la stabilité du mouvement.
0; 1/ of positive measure. 2 on Œ0; 1 and Conditions of this type are referred to as nonuniform nonresonance conditions with respect to the first positive eigenvalue of the associated linear homogeneous problem. 45). 1). 45). 2). , none of these hypotheses implies the other). 9) and studies the limits of kˇkp for p ! 1C and p ! 1 (see  for further details). 4. 45) where the following requirements are fulfilled: 1. f and fu are continuous on Œ0; L R: 2. x; u/ in Œ0; L R. e. x; 0/ dx D 0: 0 3.